Should I go for ACT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Should I go for ACT?
By Yujin (Yujin) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 04:02 am: Edit

Damn, I just got a 1260 on my SAT. (570V, 690M). The reading just simply killed me but I did quite good on the Sentence and Analogies. It was my first time and I'm afraid of doing bad on it again.

Math, I can mos def bring up with good practice and not making unnecessary errors.

I'm thinking about switching to ACT. I feel that I am pretty good in science with reading graphs and whatnot. English is not that hard for me either. Of course, the reading will once again be kinda difficult. But I'm not sure though, that's three sections I can do good on but one I won't do so good on.

By Mattman (Mattman) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:51 am: Edit

I'd say it's worth taking the ACT just because it tests you in a different kind of way, possibly one you're much better at.

I made a 1270 and 1280 SAT and 28 ACT, so they're about the same, but some people do substantially better on one or the other.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:11 pm: Edit

I got a 1380 on the SAT and a 32 ACT, which is a bit higher then my SAT. Hey,..anything counts. lol.

By Yujin (Yujin) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 03:08 pm: Edit

Yeah..the math part where you see which is bigger on the SAT also killed me too..

they dont have that on the act, do they?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

THANK GOD no. The only math problems I really missed on the SAT were those...and I got a 700 so I basically missed the entire thing. Ahh,..sometimes I wish I was a sophomore taking the new sat.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page