Why does AP matter in 12th grade?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Why does AP matter in 12th grade?
By Mimi (Mimi) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

People take AP to "impress" colleges so they can get accepted when they reply right. So during their Senior year, even if they are taking AP and the colleges can clearly see that, what does it really matter though, since they take the test after they are accepted into the college? I'm just wondering so I can determine whether I should take AP during my senior year.

By Upmysleeve (Upmysleeve) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

Colleges HATE HATE HATE when seniors drop classes because they don't "matter." They want to see a heavy courseload (or one that's consistent with what you've been doing). They want to see that, if you can be in an AP class, you ARE in that class and you're doing well.

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:32 am: Edit

They matter in terms of admission because colleges see your classes and grades senior year 1st semester.
The actual ap exam doesnt matter in terms of admissions, but it can give you credit. I am in 4 aps but I am only taking 1 exam (calc bc) cause thats the only one Stanford will give credit for.

By Rowan (Rowan) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:46 am: Edit

This is why you take classes because you want to, not to "impress colleges." :P

Nonetheless, I find that my course choices were a matter of progression and I'm only taking two of the four with intent to score well enough for credit. In the end, the only person it really matters to is you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page