AP v. SAT2

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP v. SAT2
By Chrisk (Chrisk) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

Most people are in a similar predicament to me coming up:
study to strengthen weak AP subjects, or strenthen already strong SAT2 subjects (which I already know I'm getting a 5 in, but maybe not a top SAT2 score)? Do APs play a role in admissions, or just placement once you're in a school?

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:25 am: Edit

I'd like to know this as well...obviously it won't look good to say that you got a 2 on your AP Calc test when applying to Harvard...but will they really look down on you if you get a 3 or a 4 on an AP test? How important are they?

By Mattman (Mattman) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:54 am: Edit

I'd say study for the AP tests and take the SAT II's as well. SAT II's are much shorter and all multiple choice (with obvious exception of the Writing test).

I studied hard for the AP US History exam and made a 4, and had so many facts known that I made a 770 on the SAT II for it. APs are more comprehensive so you'll actually be studying for both.

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

Harvard wouldn't care for a 2 in Calculus. They would care for a 2 in History, English, and whatnot. I am a senior-just so you know-I'm from the previous generation of the CC board.

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

I don't mean that score or college specifically. More of what I'm referring to is - How heavily are AP scores factored into admission? Why exactly do some (or all I'm not sure) colleges want them on the application?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page