How's everybody preparing for SAT on May 1st~~??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: How's everybody preparing for SAT on May 1st~~??
By Marchguy (Marchguy) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 04:56 pm: Edit

Hey!
I'm an international student from South Korea.
This will be the first time I'm taking SAT,
I just wanna ask you guys(since they are so good at SAT), how do you prepare it right before 2 weeks?
I have 10 reals and 8 reals, I haven't started yet but I will in 2 days, I'm working on verbal part independently.
I have a hugh vocabulary skill but not good at reading part...lose most points on reading section..
To the crux, guys~ ^^ please tell me some of your advices for 2 week plan on SAT
(of course i've been studying so far, I'm not cramming at all..)

Thanx zo much!

By Madfoxmadfox (Madfoxmadfox) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Ahn Young Hah Se Yo!
Hehe I'm a korean too.. I'm in NZ though. May 1st SAT = my first SAT and probably my last (hopefully I'll do well!)
I was getting like 1200s before.. I took a prep course at Princeton Review (in gangnam, during the winter break when I went over) which upped my score to 1280 but that's not much - not worth the money I reckon.
So I bought the 10Reals and went thru them - getting 1350+ now which is what I was aiming for, I just hope I do as well on the real thing.
I'm on holiday right now (autumn break) so I have plenty of time to study (unfortunately), I'm going through word lists and stuff.. but I think the best cramming you can do is doing 10Reals.
Are you one of those Koreans who's never been out of Korea but is getting 1500 + ? Man that's crazy.. Well good luck!!

By Haruhara (Haruhara) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 07:46 am: Edit

juh do han gook sa ram eem nee da. i hail from dae jon.

By Haruhara (Haruhara) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 07:52 am: Edit

i studied and got a 1550 (800 m 750 v)... INTENSE study got me from a 800 M 550 V to 750 V... i don't know how you're going to do it, since you're not a native speaker of english. if you understand vocabulary that well, you should be ok with the analogies and perhaps the sentence completions, but critical reading will be really hard for you.

By Marchguy (Marchguy) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:31 pm: Edit

WOW..
THANKS GUYS..
IT'S COMING IN 2 WEEKS..
- _-;

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page