AP English Composition Test

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP English Composition Test
By User123 (User123) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

How are you preparing for the AP English Composition test? What's the best way?

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:25 pm: Edit

In class we do timed writings every wednesday, and AP practice tests every friday. Since it's hard to improve your writing on your own, I would try taking some AP tests (the comprehension ones). They have loads of books out there.

By Conker (Conker) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

What is the "AP English Composition" exam? Are you taking "AP English Language and Composition" or "AP English Literature and Composition"?

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

I think user123 means AP Eng. Lang. and Comp. I'm doing absolutely nothing, because I already fived like two practice tests in class so I'm not gonna stress over it. My advice is focus A LOT on STRUCTURE in your essays. I am a math person by nature, but since I'm so good with structure and form I've had no less than a 7 on a practice essay, and that's because that was a bad day. Nonetheless a five can be easily obtained on the test(you can miss like 9-10 MC and 7 all essays.) If you're weak on vocab, get like a SAT list, it should suffice. If you suck with lit terms just find some glossary online and memorize those. If you can't do a timed essay BUY 5 steps to a 5: writing the AP English essay. I don't know. I can't suggest much, this is just a really easy test for me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page