DBQ US History?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: DBQ US History?
By Hockey_Me (Hockey_Me) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 12:13 am: Edit

Does anybody know what the DBQ will be over for the AP exam? Thanks in advance.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 02:36 am: Edit

If people could predict the topics of History essays in advance, they would be very... well I don't know. Either rich or accused of cheating.

My history teacher has hypothesized to us that it will be on the colonial era or soon thereafter. But of course there's no way to know.

By Relinquo1 (Relinquo1) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 02:58 am: Edit

If I'm remembering correctly, last year's was about the New Deal Era.

By Swizzbeatz905 (Swizzbeatz905) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

colonial era makes up 1/6 of test don't think it would be a dbq.... Unless its tied in with Revolution and Nation Building.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit

My teacher has a hunch that this year's DBQ is gonna be on the Louisiana Purchase because it is the 200th anniversary of it this year. Also, it's the 50th anniversary of Brown vs. Board of Ed., so that could be it too. Those are my two best guesses.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:23 pm: Edit

The reason my teacher said that was because only one DBQ in the past 11 years on the period before 1800, so he thinks it could be about time for another one. Of course, Crypto's teacher has some interesting observations... does the CB have a history of doing things like that?

By E_L (E_L) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Yes, last year's DBQ was on FDR and the New Deal. Before last year, Collegeboard had always announced the time period of the DBQ. Last year was the first year they didn't.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 01:35 am: Edit

IMHO, the dbq can't be easier than last years. Maybe it was because FDR was one of the last chapters we did really in-depth, but the one on the AP test last year was the easiest DBQ I've ever done (in both US and in Euro so far).

And I'm not going to get threatening letters because of this, right? Only multiple choice is off limits.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 12:09 pm: Edit

Well they ARE online for free, so I would assume there's no issue...

By Jacqueline (Jacqueline) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

My teacher gave my class the list of the DBQ topics from every year it was offered. You can see the list if you go to:

http://www.homestead.com/chaffeyaphistory/files/2004ListofPreviousandFutureDBQTopics.htm

Hope this helps!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page