Is it possible

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Is it possible
By Sycophant (Sycophant) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 06:10 pm: Edit

I took the SAT March 27th and got 630 Verbal 570 Math. It went up from 550 math 550 verbal on the previous PSAT, which was in October 03. I didn't really seriously study in between. If i study incessantly during April vaca 5-6 hours a day, is it possible to surpass 1300 or 1350. I have absolutely no problem with Analogies or SC, but Critical Reading Kills me. In reading sentence completion is it good to read a few sentences then read htem again, in stead of reading the whol thing twice? What i want to try to get is 730 verbal 670 math. Also, I am trying this new approach of before sleeping saying ot myself I will do very well on the SAT, I am very smart, etc. I read that from a book called The Power of Your Subconscious Mind. Also, Am I the only one who feels tremendously stupid everyone here GETS OVER 1400!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO U DO IT. IT MAKES ME SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAH WAH

By Wishful_Thinker (Wishful_Thinker) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

no, not everyone =\ - unlike you, i just get killed on the analogies and SC...that's it. so every day i go over vocab words since that is my prob. index cards, websites, cd-roms, books...i have it all. quite boring but it should pay off. if i were you i would get test books and do problems, you'll get used to the problems and the math principles are the same. once you learn them and learn how to apply them, you're fine

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page