I have IB. Do I need SAT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: I have IB. Do I need SAT?
By Estelka (Estelka) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 09:22 am: Edit

Hi everyone:) I am currently doing IB Diploma including extra highers and subjects. I was wondering whether SATs are compulsory if you want to apply for a US university. Or if not, to what extend do they help? thanx a lot.

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 12:13 pm: Edit

I'm pretty sure you absolutely need SATs regardless of your IB status/international status, etc.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

Though there are a few colleges that may take certain test scores in lieu of the SAT (or ACT), most require an SAT or ACT score.

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 03:10 pm: Edit

IB doesn't matter for US schools. You have to take the SAT or ACT if you want to apply to a US school.

By Estelka (Estelka) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Thank you for the info. Well, I should begin searching for a place where I can actually take the SAT...

By Jason (Jason) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Just go to CollegeBoard.com and sign up. There are SAT Testing Centres in almost every major overseas city. You enter in your city, and it will give you a list of available testing centres you can go to.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page