~~~How Accurate.... (SAT: II Chem)~~~

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: ~~~How Accurate.... (SAT: II Chem)~~~
By Aab123 (Aab123) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Would you guys say the tests in the Barron's and PR books are to the actual tests? I know this question has been asked a lot, but it's kinda hard to sift through these threads!

Thanks for your help

By Z00b (Z00b) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Barron's --> Difficulty is about right or a little harder.. but focuses too much on lab procedures.

PR --> Found actual exam to be more difficult, but content is more relevant than Barron's

I used both and did alright.

By Itscool (Itscool) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 11:53 pm: Edit

I used just the PR... Barron's is known to cover things that wont ever show up on the test... The book really over prepares you... Just use the PR... I got a 750 with it but then again I know my chemistry

By Aab123 (Aab123) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

Thanks for the help so far guys!

Itscool- but the diagnostics in the PR book: were they similar to the actual test? Were u getting around 750s on them?

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:03 am: Edit

I would reccomend Kaplan's book for SAT II Chemistry. Not too shallow, not too deep.

I know several people who used Kaplan's to get their 800 in SAT II Chem.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

I was getting 800s on the PR book but got a 760 on the actual test. Bad luck maybe.

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 02:31 pm: Edit

is there a basic consensus for review books for sat 2 chem like REA for ap ush.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page