SAT II writing/ ap english

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT II writing/ ap english
By Adrianwuzhere (Adrianwuzhere) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

i have ap english composition.. and my teacher is excellent (like 85% pass rate), and i expect to probably get a 5.. so if i plan on taking sat II writing, will i really need to study much? or will what i learned in AP work just fine?

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

SAT II is like PSAT writing, but with an essay. You might need to brush up on grammar.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:11 am: Edit

Essays for AP English and essays for the SAT II Writing are a totally different ball game. AP English - you answer the question. The graders like flowing words, and as long as you back up what you say, there is no reason you should not do well.

SAT II Writing -- the standard, boring essay with the 4 sentence introduction, 2 - 3 body paragraphs, the standard conclusion... you don't do this for the AP English.

By Johnmayerfan (Johnmayerfan) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 12:38 pm: Edit

I thought for the AP English you still use the standard 5 paragraph format, but you have to have backup material directly from the test?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page