SAT II Writing--Studying Required?!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT II Writing--Studying Required?!
By Antique (Antique) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 01:37 pm: Edit

I'm planning on taking the SAT II Wriiting May 1st and haven't really had time ot prep for it.

Can anyone give me any tips or comments as to what to expect and how hard it's going to be?

How hard is the essay part?

Also, what's the best prep book? I bought Barrons and it seems to be pretty good...

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

By Antique (Antique) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 06:35 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Teal (Teal) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Have you taken the PSAT w/ the writing part?
If so, check your answers and find your weaknesses, then study from your Barron's book :)

By Anduin (Anduin) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:46 am: Edit

Don't bother to study for the Writing SAT II, provided that you know grammar relatively well. Just get a good night's sleep and churn out a hamburger on the essay.

Hamburger essays.....::Shudder::

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 02:41 am: Edit

Writing SAT II is probably one of the most difficult standarized tests. I hate that crap. Studied my ass off for a year and went up 10 points. What the hell? It tests grammar you'll never need to know and that you'll never care about. It covers much more than just "basic" grammar. For example, why would anyone care whether or not you use "whom" or "who" interchangeably. If they can't understand what you mean to say, then they're an idiot.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page