Colleges that accept old SAT+SAT II Writing

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Colleges that accept old SAT+SAT II Writing
By Mahras (Mahras) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

Hey guys I wanted to know whether college will accept the old SAT + SAT II: writing, instead of the new SAT.

Thanks

By Ladybajan (Ladybajan) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:31 pm: Edit

It depends on what grade you are in. If you are a junior or senior you have to take the old SAT and you could or not take the SAT II Writing. If you are a sophmore, you can take either the new SAT or the old one. And freshmen have to take the new SAT. If you take the new SAT, you can't take the SAT II Writing because an essay is on the SAT I. So, in answer to your question, unless you are a freshman, colleges will accept old SAT + SAT II: writing.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

Yes so I CAN take the OLD SAT!!

By Windslicer_Ib (Windslicer_Ib) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Darnit, I was hoping the sophomores were going to be the testers...

By Mahras (Mahras) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:50 pm: Edit

I have taken the SAT already and I am sure with a bit more prep I can score in the 1600 range. The only part I am having a problem with is the verbal (I HATE YOU ANALOGIES). I don't want to take the new SAT as this will mean harder math problems.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Im taking this June and hopefully score a 1450-1500 (sophomore)

By Haithman (Haithman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 07:35 pm: Edit

I dont want to take the New SAT not because it will necessarily be harder, but because I want to focus on more things like ECs, SAT II's, and AP Exams.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 08:07 pm: Edit

Current juniors will not take the new SAT as it will be first offered March 2005 after all those juniors, then seniors, have applied to college and sent in scores.

As to sophomores who will be applying for admission for Fall 2006: (a) some schools such as all the UC's have declared that they will not accept the old SAT and thus you will need to take the new SAT for admission; (b) a large number of other schools have not said yet whether they will require the new SAT -- many have said they will require a writing test but have not said taking the old SAT and SAT II writing will suffice or instead the new SAT will be required. In other words, if you are currently a sophomore, you need to check with each school you will apply to for the rule that will apply and unfortunately right now most schools have not yet said what rule they will apply, but if many end up following the UC's example, you best be prepared to take the new SAT.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page