Question about national merit finalist selection





Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Question about national merit finalist selection
By Amitoman (Amitoman) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

i'm taking three classes over the summer at a local community college and recieving both high school and college credit for these. when i submit my application for national merit finalist (assuming a 219 cuts it in florida), will they consider these three grades? thanks

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

90%+ of the people who are semi-finalists become finalists. The other <10% are just too lazy to fill out the form.

If you're passing your classes and meet the cut-off, you can become a finalist if you want.

But finalist status is post-college apps anyway, so no one gives a damn.


Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page