USAMO results -_-

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: USAMO results -_-
By Deepwood6 (Deepwood6) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 04:43 pm: Edit

http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e8-usamo/e8-1-usamoarchive/2004-ua/04usamoqualstate.html

yay... I happen to be on it!

By Willothewisp (Willothewisp) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

So am I. I more or less thought so, but still it was pleasant to be reassured. Everyone who's in, post here!

By Welshie (Welshie) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:32 pm: Edit

Not a single person from my town... for shame.

By Feuler (Feuler) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

I made it again.

There are a lot of towns in the coutnry, and most of them have not USAMO people, so don't worry about it.

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

13 AIME as a soph, Feuler? Smoking...

By Haithman (Haithman) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

um his last name is EULER!

By Billiam2 (Billiam2) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

no, its not.

By Link12 (Link12) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 08:58 pm: Edit

What's up with Thomas Jefferson Academy in VA? Nearly 10 qualifiers?

By E_L (E_L) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:01 pm: Edit

Well, they're a crazy math/science/tech magnet high school that draws from the Northern Virginia/DC vicinity. The students there are exceptional at all the Olympiads/Quiz Bowl/Science Bowl... This list goes on...

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 10:02 am: Edit

F***in' Greg Gauthier...from IL - he's this insane little kid who knows everything about math and science there is to know. I thought his brother Paul was incredible, single-handedly leading the Wheaton North HS Academic Team to the State Championship three years in a row and basically being Jesus, but little Greg is already better than Paul at everything! It makes me gag.

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 10:29 pm: Edit

TJ Academy has been ranked #1 in math for as long as I can remember... (and highly despised for it).

I would be very surprised if they DIDN'T have 10 qualifiers.

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

You know Paul, Ilovefood? He is ungodly at academic bowl.

By Willothewisp (Willothewisp) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Yes, finally Gunn has gotten the credit it deserves! 5 qualifiers! No giving two of them to our archrival!

By Ilovefood (Ilovefood) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

athlonmj - i had the chance to meet him at the Von Steuben opener this year - i had never seen him perform before that, and i was just blown away completely. Later in the season, at Lincolnway east, he proved to me that it wasn't just a one time deal. he just amazes me.

By Link12 (Link12) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

What was the approxiamate index to get in? Any guesses?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

the index is 210
the AIME floor is 7 (for grades 10 and below).

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Ilovefood, we played Stevenson at the semifinals at Von Steuben but got knocked out. If we had won, we would have gotten a chance to play Wheaton (and get our asses kicked) :P

By Mpn0 (Mpn0) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 03:34 pm: Edit

3 USAMO qualifiers in one post? If anyone needs evidence that intelligent people are the primary composers on this site, send 'em to this thread.

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 05:28 pm: Edit

i remeber taking the AIME. i sat there for three hours looking at the questions not knowing what the hell i was doing. i think i got one right. i think the closest my school got to 210 was around 150. we suck so bad, i think i was the only junior in my school to qualify to even take the AIME. shame on us.... but then again we are a public school in kansas. is qualifying for the AIME even worth puting on a college Ap? or is it not worth it unless you made USAMO, which i obviously didnt.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

>"is qualifying for the AIME even worth puting on a college Ap?"

Sure! It puts you in the top 5% of AMC-takers, which is already a pretty select bunch. I wouldn't mention your score, though.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page