Doing math secion backwards?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Doing math secion backwards?
By Runrickyrun123 (Runrickyrun123) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Do you think this will help you if you make a few mistakes at the end of the section? I think doing it backwards would help because you are freshest for the most important problems. Once you get to about number 10 (going backwards), numbers 1-10 seem like a breeze.
If it matters, I usually finish the math section 5-10 minutes early, so I am pretty good with pacing.

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

it might be a good idea but be careful not to spend to much time on your first problems! That could be a real killer. ><;

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit

Very, very, very prone to bubbling mistakes. Not worth it in my opinion.

By Zzii (Zzii) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

If you can finish 5-10 minutes easly anyway, there's no reason to do it backwards. Just leave extra time for the last and hardest ones. (Don't get caught up on any single problem for too long, obviously.) Besides, you want to get all the easy points you can.

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

Also, say one problem (say #25) is harder or longer than usual. There's a chance that time might be called right before you answer 3, 2, and 1. It would be a shame to lose 3 raw points on such easy questions just to get #25 right.

By Poop (Poop) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 08:23 pm: Edit

i say go for the easier questions first so u have guaranteed points, who knoes how long those harder questions will take..dont risk it

By Greenleaf144 (Greenleaf144) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

it's usually more beneficial to your score if you complete the easier questions first. Nobody's looking at which specific questions you answer correctly - what's important is the total number of correct responses. So, isn't it better to do 5 easy problems in 5 min. than to spend 5 min. at the beginning of the test on just one problem?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page