UPCOMING SATS - TEAMWORK!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: UPCOMING SATS - TEAMWORK!!
By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:21 pm: Edit

Hey guys...I noticed that this is the best forum to find answers AFTER the test and compare our answers to see which ones we got wrong. So....why not we just all make a pact; each one of us gets an assigned # on the next SAT1 and just memorize that one question on the test day and then post it here afterwards?!?!

That would work much better than our current system of just random naming out questions and answers.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:58 pm: Edit

You know, it's a nice idea, but ultimately a detriment to people taking the SAT. Most people here are prepping for the SAT, and even if they aren't, during the actual test they'll need to focus ENTIRELY on the task at hand which is getting the highest score possible, not trying to remember a test question for discussion in a forum.

I took the march ones and yes, I really wanted to know if I got some of them right immediately after finishing the test, but the best way to succeed on the SAT is to focus entirely on the questions and answering them, not trying to memorize them for future debate.

Nice thought though.

By Smartdude (Smartdude) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:32 pm: Edit

This is a horrible idea. See the thread called AP Exam Security Policy and you'll see what kind of things might happen as a result of this.

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

the ap exam security doesnt apply to sat tests.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Smartdude, I think he's talking about AFTER sunday exams and whatnot. If you saw some of the discussions after the sunday exams and stuff, there were lots of specific questions and answers, but no one got scores revoked. The College Board says that AP questions get reused sometimes, but not SAT questions.

I quote from the thread titled "Announcement: College Confidential & The College Board"-

"The post-test disclosure of multiple choice AP questions isn't cheating, but we have been advised that it is a violation of TCB policy and of the agreement signed by testers."

Note use of the acronym AP. That doesn't apply to SAT. I still think it's a bad idea, and I won't do it, but it's not violating policy for the SAT exam.

Also, check the thread that says "Announcement: The College Board AP Policies". The closest it comes to outlawing putting specific questions from the SAT after, and this is key, after all sunday exams have been taken in all time zones and all exams worldwide have been completed.

"UNALLOWABLE CONTENT
1. The articulation of multiple-choice exam questions and answers. "

Even then, this is AP AP AP AP policy, not SAT. I could be wrong, but these are the facts. I saw an exact replica of a question on the SAT show up on the forum a few days after I took it, and the College Board should have swooped down and revoked scores left and right, but they didn't. The reason for this is because SAT questions don't get re-used. They are used once, and discarded.

For the record, I will not memorize any SAT questions and post them here; I won't be specifically naming questions on this forum or anywhere else. Sorry, just to cover myself.

I could still be wrong, but the facts seem to be clear.

Nice try though.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:36 pm: Edit

Well, the thing is, I am not even taking the may SAT 1, im takin SAT2 writing. But in october in the fall, i will post this again and see how many of you would like to take part in this AFTER-TEST discussion

By Northwestern08 (Northwestern08) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

20 bucks says this guy works for the College Board...

Moderator close this thread!

By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:52 pm: Edit

lol no...it's just an idea i thought of last night in bed

By Smartdude (Smartdude) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 07:18 pm: Edit

It took AP a year to make a decision to cancel scores... why couldn't it happen with SAT next?

Post now, and in November you could get a letter saying your May SAT scores have been canceled. Remember, AP and SAT are the SAME organization. Also, SAT questions definitely get reused, all the time.

All I'm saying is that recreating an entire SAT test here is not a good idea, given the climate of clamping down on security at the College Board.

By Shaka (Shaka) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:03 pm: Edit

smartdude, you do have a point about the SAT questions being reused...

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

I think people should just be patient and wait for the results, or the Q&A. Once you take the test, it's done! Nothing you can do!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page