Anyone with 1600 get none wrong and didn't omit?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Anyone with 1600 get none wrong and didn't omit?
By Chocoman (Chocoman) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Did you ever hear of someone getting a 1600 without getting anything wrong and not omitting anything?

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

I believe Songster thinks he's done that. =P As for me, I did miss at least 1.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:27 am: Edit

I might have done that, I'm not sure. I guess I'll never know, unless I decide to buy the test for my little brother or something (or to frame it :-P).

In any case, I'm sure it has happened before. Getting a 1600 with no ommitted questions isn't strange-it probably happens most of the time. Getting a 1600 without missing any is more rare, but with all the thousands of people taking the test, it's bound to happen.

And I haven't seen sognster post after the test results are up... He did get a 1600?

By Tsunashima1 (Tsunashima1) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 10:53 am: Edit

I think you will know, because the score report in the mail indicates how many questions you got wrong, if I'm not mistaken.

If tenor, intense pleasure, and fundamental were right, then I might have done it. We shall see.

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Yeah, I got a 1600. =)

We'll see if I got a perfect raw score when the scores come in the mail though.

I know about 8 people in real life who have gotten 1600s. Out of all of them, only 1 had a perfect raw score.

By Wanksta (Wanksta) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 03:47 pm: Edit

songster...how did u ace the verbal section...is there a trick to the questions?

By Tsunashima1 (Tsunashima1) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Did all of them get 1600 first time?

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:13 am: Edit

Wanksta... don't mess up SC and analogies that have vocabulary that you know. Those are free points. There should only be 2-4 vocabulary issues and you should be able to guess half of them correctly, if not more. With Critical Reading, make sure you understand the passages CRYSTAL CLEAR and make sure you can follow the *progression* of the passage from paragraph to paragraph. Read slowly if necessary but make sure to finish (I cut it pretty close, especially on the 15-minute section).

Out of the 8 people I know who got 1600s, four got it the first time. Two of them took it as freshman for kicks and then just picked up the 1600 in their junior year (second try). One had a bubbling error the first time (bubbles were off by one for the last 6 questions of a math section) and just retook for the "easy 1600" (second try). And one I'm not sure about.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:06 am: Edit

congrats! I knew you were hoping for the 16, but worried about a couple math questions.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:07 am: Edit

My problem with CR is that several of the answers seem correct to me (on the tougher ones anyway). And I try to make sure one is concrete in the passage, but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? I don't read much at all for leisure and I know that is a good way to increase comprehension, but then I wouldn't be reading for enjoyment, which I think defeats the whole purpose. I have taken all the 10 reals and the march verbal was my lowest out of anything (590). I got a 640 V on Oct 2003, so I'm capable of doing better. Any help is appreciated - thanks.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 08:30 am: Edit

crypto-give reading another shot! There's a lot of literature out there besides the "classics" we read for school. Take a look at Grisham, King, Clancy (Can we now add Dan Brown to this list?). Your English teacher might not give them the respect they deserve, but they all write gripping, suspensful novels that will make you enjoy reading.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page