Charts for figuring practice SATII raw scores to scaled scor

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Charts for figuring practice SATII raw scores to scaled scor
By Bluejay (Bluejay) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 12:59 pm: Edit

So the advice is to practice with previous tests. How can you get a ballpark for what your actual score might be? I know you get points for right answers and minus 1/4 for wrong answers(I think) and nothing for a skipped question. Where can I get a conversion chart to see where I am?

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

Any book you take them in would have a raw score -> scaled score conversion chart. If you mean anything online, then it wasn't a full test.

By Bluejay (Bluejay) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 02:10 pm: Edit

That's the thing...the book does not (Barrons). So are they FAKE practice tests and not actual ones given in the past. Can you give me a ballpark raw score?

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 03:27 pm: Edit

Yes, they are fake tests. The only book with real tests is the 22 Real SAT II's. It's hard to give you a ballpark raw score without knowing which test you took or how many you got wrong/omitted. You'd have to total the raw yourself and then some people might be able to give you a scaled score.

Some tests have very lenient scaled scores, you can miss quite a few and still get 750-800. Others require you to get every single question right.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page