AP US History and SAT II US History

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP US History and SAT II US History
By Ozvaldo8 (Ozvaldo8) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:39 am: Edit

I am studying and reviewing material that will be on the AP US History exam on a regular basis leading up to the test in May. If I decide to take the SAT II US History in June, will there be any extra studying that I will need to do? Is there any difference in material between the multiple choice sections on both tests?

By Dannyferizzle (Dannyferizzle) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

nope---i'd say MCs are same in difficulty.

By Anduin (Anduin) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

I would agree that the multiple choice section of the AP exam is comparable in difficulty to the SAT II. If you take the US History SAT II in June, you probably won't need to do any extra studying for it.

By Just_Forget_Me (Just_Forget_Me) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 08:29 am: Edit

I took both last year. I think the SAT II has a few more questions on modern stuff than APUSH. Brush up on Reagan/Bush, maybe even Clinton (if you don't remember it from your class/living through it).

By Tallyrand (Tallyrand) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 10:03 am: Edit

They're pretty much the same. Just know the history. I took both tests last year, and neither had anything past Nixon.

By Ozvaldo8 (Ozvaldo8) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

Thank you very much for the tips. I feel a lot more relieved now.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page