Is Barrons a good book for Math IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Is Barrons a good book for Math IIC
By Tamy02 (Tamy02) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 09:31 am: Edit

comments pls..cuse im currently studyin from it..I heard that questions r relatively harder than u would get on the test! thnxx!!

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 02:37 pm: Edit

Barrons is always good if you have a lot of time to study with it. Kaplan is easier to understand and is helpful if your going to take the test in a month or so.

By Dannyferizzle (Dannyferizzle) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

its a waste of time, people say that it makes the real test look like a breeze, that is true, but it also doesn't ask veyr similar questions so whether you took barrons or not, you're not going to get similar questions so you're not prepared at all.

EVen if you get an easier book, it does loads better, they ask you questions that are similar to the real test, that's more important than seeing if you can answer questions that usually don't show up on the test.

By Jens (Jens) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Im using Barrons too and review from my pre cal class, so far Barrons has a lot of extra equations. Im also wondering if Barrons is good review. any others use Barrons and take math iic?

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 05:12 pm: Edit

Math IIC is not very hard. If you're in precal now (and your class is moderately good) and you're reviewing, you'll do fine on the test. I got an 800 after being away from precal for 7 months. Granted I still was using many of the concepts fairly often for AP Calc. But the fact is - the strategies/concepts get ingrained into your head. If you take this test in May/June, you'll be fine.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page