Announcement: The College Board AP Policies

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Announcement: The College Board AP Policies
By Roger (Roger) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

The College Board has policies for its test takers and what they can disclose about the tests. College Confidential is not party to any agreements between TCB and test takers, and isn't responsible for enforcing TCB's policies. We don't necessarily endorse these policies. However, in the interest of protecting our members from unwittingly violating them, here's a summary provided by TCB in their own words:

UNALLOWABLE CONTENT
1. The articulation of multiple-choice exam questions and answers.
2. The articulation of free-response questions within 2 days of the exam* in which they appear.

EXAMPLES OF ALLOWABLE CONTENT
1. A general discussion of topics on the exam.
2. Comments on how well the course covered those topics.
3. Comments related to preparation.
4. Comments on how well the student thinks s/he did.
5. Comments on the difficulty of the exam.

* Free-response questions can be discussed in their entirety when they are posted on the AP Central Web site 2 business days following each exam administration. A copy of the 2004 Exam schedule appears here: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/cal.html

PRINTED POLICY
Because multiple-choice questions are sometimes reused, no one must see the multiple-choice questions except the students during the exam. Students may not, under any circumstances, take multiple-choice questions from the room, give them to anyone else, or discuss them with anyone else, including the AP teacher. Similarly, students are not permitted to discuss the free-response questions until 48 hours (2 school days) after the exam administration. Students who communicate any exam questions via e-mail, text messaging, the Internet, or any other means, will automatically have their exam grades canceled and will be subject to legal action.

Each time a student takes an AP Exam he/she must sign the following statement: "To maintain the security of the exam and the validity of my AP grade, I will allow no one else to see the multiple-choice questions and will seal the appropriate section when asked to do so. I will not discuss these questions with anyone at any time after the completion of the multiple-choice section. I am aware of and agree to the Program's policies and procedures as outlined in the 2004 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents-including using extended time only if I have been preapproved by College Board Services for Students with Disabilities."

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page