: NEW SAT vs. Old SAT & SAT II

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: : NEW SAT vs. Old SAT & SAT II
By Roseberry (Roseberry) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 06:07 pm: Edit

Hey
Im in 10 grade and i took the march SAT (1300) b. c it was part of the application process to an acedemy.
Now, i wonder should i take the old SAT or the new SAT or both?....
2- HOw do I decide what SAT II's to take? Do they require knowledge from AP classes. For eg, if I want to take the Bio sat II, I shud be in Bio II to help me do better.?/
thanks.
love ya

By Neelesh (Neelesh) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

ok, since no 1 is helping you, i will try to help. :-)

first, take practice tests on the SAT from 10 real SATs or Princeton Review or Barrons..see you what get.. now, decide what your strengths are: if its writing-like figuring out whats wrong grammatically or wutever in sentances, and you are good at essays (you dont need to be good to get a good score on essay on new SAT, its just like SAT II, and i heard that its easy) and you are good at reading + comprehending stuff, then take the new SAT, if you are better at analogies, and u do well on the quantitative comparisons on ur practice test, then you may want to take the old one.

my advice is that you take the old one, then if you do bad or something, then take the new one..i'll bet if you do bad on the old one, but well on the new one, the colleges will look at ur new one, and just deem your old sat score negligable(does that word makes sense there?)

for the SAT II's, if you do not takes the new SAT, you 100% have to take the Writing test

next, take a math test IC, or IIC, (IIC better)

those 2 are probably the ones you really should take

then decide what you are best at, and what field you want to go into, and decide from that

if you are in AP BIO or wutever, you most likely will be prepared for the SAT II test. i think it works that way in all the tests..
anyhow, i wish you good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page