Campbell Biology Book - SAT 2's and AP's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Campbell Biology Book - SAT 2's and AP's
By Aim78 (Aim78) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Does anyone know what chapters of the Campbell book are NOT on the SAT II/AP test? A lot of the information seems to be pretty useless (for the tests), and I want to know what I should really be studying.

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

Campbell Reece Mitchell..man, I spent some good times with that book :).

Anyway, in AP Bio, I read through every chapter of the book and didn't skip anything. To the best of my knowledge, all of it is on the test. I don't think you need to get into the level of detail that Campbell does, though, but I'd know it all. I went crazy for the AP test last year and kind of overkilled it. Got a 5 though :).

The one thing I would recommend that nobody does is STUDY THE OFFICIAL COLLEGE BOARD LABS. Why? Last year for the first time they put something on the test that you wouldn't know unless you

a. DID THE LAB
b. had taken statistics

I had done neither and completely bombed 1/3 of the free response question. It was something about chi-squares and population analysis. Look on apcentral of the collegeboard website for it. I think it was the first question on the 2003 exam.

By Kewlkiwi102 (Kewlkiwi102) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

Does college board have offical labs for Chem also?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page