Need Advice on SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Need Advice on SAT
By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

okay, so i'm graduating this year, and going to a one year music school next year that just requires a GED and music talent, no SAT or anything. The year after that i'm planning to go to real college.
Anyway, my question regards retaking the SAT, because i want to apply to some competitive schools.
Last Nov. (i think, maybe Oct.) I took the SAT for the first time and scored
640 (M)
670 (V)
which I was happy with, but i'm almost positive i could do better.
should i retake after i graduate, or should i stick with the score
and do colleges look down on taking the SAT after graduation

By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 02:31 pm: Edit

bump

By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 02:21 pm: Edit

no one ever responds... :(

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

awww, sorry that no one responded. I have no definite answer for you, but i would take it over, esp since you sad you want to go to a competitive school. This is only my opinion though.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

You have nothing to lose by taking it over. Your 1310 is low for very competitive schools. Every year, too, college admissions becomes more competitive, so it's to your advantage to take it over. I doubt if the colleges care when you take it. They care, though, about your score.

By Vitameatavegami (Vitameatavegami) on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

okay, i think i will retake the SAT.
thanks for the advice

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:59 am: Edit

Make sure you aren't one of those people who studies for 20 hours and then ends up scoring 60 points lower though...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page