SHOULD i take the writing SAT II?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SHOULD i take the writing SAT II?
By Brum (Brum) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:32 am: Edit

Right now I'm signed up for math (the harder one), physics, and US History.

I'd rather take US History than the writing one, but SHOULD I take the writing SAT II?

I'm trying for top notch colleges, and I think all of them seem to be saying: take 3 SAT II's.

Some say: take a math, a science, and writing/literature/history.

Is taking US History instead of Writing a bad idea?

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:43 am: Edit

You'll need writing for quite a few colleges. They all have different policies but basically they require either math/science/humanity, writing/math/one of your choice, or just 3 of your choice (some might require a math of those 3.) If you take writing, you're sure to be able to apply it to any application. If you take US History, odds are you'll have to go back and take writing another time. I know Duke among others requires the Writing test. It's up to you though, you could always take writing in the fall if you don't take it now.

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 12:55 pm: Edit

Depends on what you're planning to major in and whether the schools you're applying to require or prefer the Writing test.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page