Ahh when to retake may or october? ah ah ah

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Ahh when to retake may or october? ah ah ah
By Snowjob (Snowjob) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:51 am: Edit

1410 (670m 740v)

On the last 5 practice tests that I took at home, I got 1500+, the last two were 1550+. My 1c was a 730 last year.

I was aiming for a 1500+, and I don't think it's too unreasonable. I don't think the SAT math is hard at all, I just panicked in the middle of the test and lost my concentration. I don't think that I'll do much studying for the math before I take the tests again simply because I was already usually answering all of the questions correctly.

The verbal is a different story. On one hand, 740 is a very good verbal score. The difference between that and an 800 boils down to knowing just a few extra vocab words, which out of a seemingly endless supply could be any words. I guess that studying would only benefit me, but it seems just as likely that my verbal would go down as it is that it would go up, just becuase of how the test is made.

So here's my question: Should I retake in May or in October? May would be almost ideal, if it weren't for the fact that I have 2 APs and that I won't be able to really study for the test at all. October sounds good, but I'm not a fan of studying for the test over the summer and finding out my score so close to the early decision deadline.

Any thoughts?

By Snowjob (Snowjob) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 09:10 am: Edit

Now that I think more about it, I guess taking it in both May and October is also a fairly attractive alternative. Any thoughts? Is taking the test 3 times too much?

By Brum (Brum) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:22 am: Edit

I got a 1390 in the march SAT. I'm already signed up for the May one.

I'm hoping to get somewhere high in the 1400s (and maybe 1500s), but I'll have to cram in some studying I guess.

If I don't do well enough on the May one I'll probably take it in October one last time.

By Snowjob (Snowjob) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 10:24 am: Edit

I'm signed up too, I just haven't decided if I'll take the test. What was your breakdown?

I guess it can't hurt that much to take it in May. Both the vocab and the math topics that are tested vary every time, so I guess it's beneficial to take the test as many times as possible.

What are you going to do to study? What do you think I should do?

By Snowjob (Snowjob) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 12:50 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Haithman (Haithman) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

Why not June? That gives you an extra month to study. I was going to take it in May, but I opted for June so I make sure I get the score I want.

By Snowjob (Snowjob) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 05:32 pm: Edit

June would be ideal but I've got one more SAT2 to take, and that's gonna be in June.

oye vey

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page