SAT score when down the second time( x_X)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT score when down the second time( x_X)
By Fishyninja (Fishyninja) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 07:43 am: Edit

my SAT score when down 250 points and this is my second time taking it. how badly will this reflect on my transcirpt? and does anyone have helpful tips about taking the test.

-thanks

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 09:45 am: Edit

I had the same dilemma. I had a 1350 on my 2ND SAT and on my 3rd one I got a 1260. IT does look bad but most colleges like to look at the highest scores. It was my 3rd SAT. I'm definately going for a 4th SAT no matter what people say. I don't care if it looks bad or what but I definately have to take the chance to jack my score up to 1400 if possible! Good luck! Tips : use 10 real, barrons and PR... PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.... PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

By Ratix (Ratix) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 09:48 am: Edit

HEY CAN I JOIN THE CLUB?
I got a 1310 first time but got 1220 second. March SAT was a Bomb

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:11 am: Edit

March SAT was satan. 1340 first time and 1280 second. I curled up in a ball and cried. My math went down 100, which is slightly depressing coming from a prospective math major.

By Ratix (Ratix) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

How can your math score go down by 100 when your total score went down only 60 ??
I knew I should have cancled my score... My dad kept convincing me I would get around 1300... Pissed greatly

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

How can your math score go down by 100 when your total score went down only 60 ??

Increase verbal by 40! :)

By Owen (Owen) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:33 am: Edit

I actually increased 280 points on the March SAT. I heard some of last year's tests, namely the Oct. were fairly easy. I took mine last June though.
Owen

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 05:21 pm: Edit

I took the test for the first time in November, so I was feeling very confident that by March I could score in the high 1400s, but it really screwed me over. I thought about cancelling scores after, and I sure wish I did.

I'm actually considering paying $25 for a hardscore copy of my test. There were seriously about 2 questions on the math I didn't know, and I got the results and it was like WHOA 600! It was a shock.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 05:22 pm: Edit

BTW...I'm glad I found some people in the same boat as me when it comes to this SAT thing. I'm tired of hearing "WOW..I GOT a 1600." Some of us are smart, but we aren't that lucky:(

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

Dumb question. I requested to send my scores to 4 colleges, but since I'm opting to take it again and didn't put any college recipients to get my score, will they see my next SAT sitting? The reason for this is because I'm trying to undo the damage of my low SAT score. I understand how all of you feel! I might do hand score too but I don't know. What if they hand scored it and found out that my SAT score should be much lower? Erf.

By Sydney22 (Sydney22) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

do hand scores tend to usually come out differently?

By Impatheticiknow (Impatheticiknow) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 06:48 pm: Edit

I highly doubt it. I would have mine handscored (there were one or two bad erasures...one going onto several other bubbles). However, I am not confident enough in my screw up to order a hand scoring. It's $25! I have given TCB/ETS/whoever too much money already...SATs, SAT IIs, APs...Anyway, I would assume that most people who order hand-scorings are simply hoping for a higher score. You should order it only if you REALLY have doubts about the validity of your score.

By Jenz129 (Jenz129) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 09:31 pm: Edit

@#%^@#^#$&$*$%$

Dammit, my score went down so much. I got 1500+ in December and I really should not have taken it over. Augh. Crap. I guess I should've studied for the March SAT, I pretty much went in cold. How much will this hurt me for Ivies?? I seriously hope they stand by their policy of looking only at the highest scores.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page