Should i take it again? or.. will they average the scores? i

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Should i take it again? or.. will they average the scores? i
By Soulizm (Soulizm) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:40 am: Edit

really sad today after i found out my scores.
for some reason i took my first SAT1 in my sophomore year, and took twice after that.
here are my scores.
Verbal Math Total
5/2003 560 700 1260
1/2004 580 690 1270
3/2004 590 710 1300

I really want to get 1400's since i wanna get into a top notch college.
and I'm in despair right now.. most ppl say that when u take it more than 3 times they will take the average of ur scores..
but we all know that a 1300 can hurt ur chance of getting into a so called top notch schools..

should i take it again..?
if it's pretty sure that up to 4 times is ok, i'm going to study my tail off this time and get at least a 1400.
what do u guys think?
HELP ME OUT!!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

Yeah, go for it. They take the highest, but the rumor is they frown upon taking it more than 3 times, because you could be doing something better with your time. I say study your ass off, take lots of practice tests, then when you're ready take it again. Do it to Rocky music.

By Soulizm (Soulizm) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 11:45 am: Edit

Thx a bunch Aim78!
Yeah.. (Everytime i thought i got a 800 on the math i ended up getting 700's.. it's really weird and intimidating..)
i'll take my time for the preparation this time, take lots of practice tests and hopefully will get scores i want.

Any comment guys?

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Why is your verbal so low? Are you an international student? I wouldn't retake to improve the math score, only the verbal score if you can improve upon whatever is keeping you scoring below 600.

By Soulizm (Soulizm) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 01:21 pm: Edit

yea sort of.
I'm not saying that the math score is the only part i have to improve, i should definitely improve my verbal socre.
Thx Yoyomama04 for ur comment.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page