Taking SAT twice??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Taking SAT twice??
By Marchguy (Marchguy) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I'm an internatinal student.
I've signed up for May 1.
and I plan to take the next one
in June..
when is the appropriate time for taking
SAT for me? I'm a Junior.
someone says that SAT II is for just once, not twice. I'll take sometime in december. Please help me out.
I'm really a beginner on planning SAT.
Thanks guys..

By Marite (Marite) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

Go to the College Board for advice on the best times to take the SATs and SAT-II (http://www.collegeboard.com).

You can take the SAT-II exams as often as you like (or as often as they are administered); the best time to take SAT-IIs, except for SAT-II Writing, is right after you've taken a course on the subject when the materials are still fresh in your mind. I would therefore advise you to take some SAT-IIs in June, at the conclusion of your courses. You might consider only taking two at a time, because taking three in one sitting is tiring. This means you will need to take the third one in the fall. You may also want to retake one or two SAT-II if you did not do as well as you wishes. You can retake the SAT in the fall as well.
If you apply RD to colleges, you have October, November, December and January to take/retake the SAT and SAT-IIs. You cannot take both SAT and SAT II on the same test date.

By Marchguy (Marchguy) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Thank you so much ^__^

So, does that mean I take SAT on May

and take SAT II on June, and

SAT again in November?

I plan to take SAT at least twice.

because i know i will be unsatisfied

with my scores..

my plan ; sat twice or third if possible
sat ii just once with totally
prepared.

By Marite (Marite) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

You most probably will need three SAT-IIs, and most colleges require the SAT-II Writing. So if you take only two SAT IIs at one sitting, you need two different dates. Possibly June and October or November or December. If you take the SAT in May, you can retake in October, November or January depending on whether you take/retake SAT-II on those dates.

By Marchguy (Marchguy) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

I appreciate it ^ _ ^

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page