SAT 4TH TIME? Please help me. :'-'(

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT 4TH TIME? Please help me. :'-'(
By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

Hi Everybody. Extremly depressed today. I scored lower on my third time ironically Here's my scores respectively.

1240, 1350, 1260.

I really wanted a 1400 on the March SAT and unf. scored a 1260. I'm planning to ED for Columbia. I know I might not even make it but would it be advisable to take a 4th time SAT? If so, when do you think I should do this?

Would Columbia hate the fact that my score went down? Would they hate the 4 times retake? Do they take the highest combined or highest composite score. Thank you!

By Ladybajan (Ladybajan) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Unless you can bring up your score significantly, you shouldn't do it. It also depends on what your combined highest scores total; your highest scores might break 1400. Usually universities take the highest combined score so I think Columbia will too.

You need to find out your specific weaknesses. If you decide to take it, you should take it in October so that you can study over the summer. and that it will be fresh in your mind. The typical scores for Columbia are from 1310 to 1510. Since you are on the lower end of the scale, I hope you have some good extracurriculars and leasership things in your resume to boost you up since frankly, your three SAT scores won't be impressing them. Good luck on at least a 1480.

By Glory (Glory) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 10:36 pm: Edit

hey eric. i want to go to columbia too (ED). coolioz. goodluck with it.

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 06:48 am: Edit

Thanks for being so frank about it. Have a good day.

By Ericng314 (Ericng314) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 06:49 am: Edit

My highest combined was a 1350. I'm still wondering whether I can push it up. What advice might you people have on bringing it up for math and verbal?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page