ACT sending vs. SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: ACT sending vs. SAT
By Bigjt (Bigjt) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:21 pm: Edit

Ok here is the dileama: I have a legacy at Dartmouth, and I have good enough grades and E.Cs, but I have a low SAT score (1310). I studied like crazy for the March SAT (Believe me, I did) and I got 10 points lower than the first time. It seems my only hope is the ACT right now. I can't re-take the SAT since I have to worry about SAT IIs, and I can't re-take it in the fall since I'm applying E.D. Considerting I do well on the ACT, which I believe I can do (I got a 30 on a practice test without studying), would it be possible (and advisable) to send just the SAT IIs and the ACT score without Dartmouth knowing about the poor SAT?

Thanks in advance

p.s. Even with a 1310, does a legacy still stand a chance?

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Not possible to send SAT II's without SAT. Whenever you ask the College Board to send an official score of any one SAT or SAT II test, it automatically sends the college all of your SAT and SAT II scores. You cannot prevent that from happening. Nevertheless, you can still take and submit ACT because if it is a higher score, college will consider it over the SAT. Your score is low for Dartmouth but SAT is only one factor, and not even the most important, and legacy might help. Just note that anyone's chances are slim, less than 1 in 7, even if they look perfect. Applying Early Decision raises the odds a little.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page