Higher verbal than math, problem for a science kid?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Higher verbal than math, problem for a science kid?
By Dazed_Nyc (Dazed_Nyc) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

march scores (1st time): 700 M, 770 V

1470, yay! here's the thing, while i wouldn't mind being a humanities major, i really like physics and am still considering that as a major. i'm a good math student, it's just sat math that makes me . i'm afraid that, b/c of the gap, schools will look at my math scores and say "wtf, why is this girl interested in physics?" would it be worth the risk to re-take, or am i just paranoid? would good scores on math iic and physics sat iis offset this?

By Stanforduniv (Stanforduniv) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:00 pm: Edit

i would say retake the SAT if you are confident that your verbal score wont be jeopardized. 700M is a great score, but if you feel you can raise it i would say go for it. Good luck!

By Kyle8744 (Kyle8744) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:03 pm: Edit

i'm in the same position. i actually get about the same number wrong in both verbal and math, but my verbal score is way higher b/c of the curve.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

boo stanford^^^.i would suggest taking it agin since it is easy to raise a math score and the problem is pry careless mistakes. if the scores were reversed i say not to becaseu its much harder to raise verbal than math. also go over basic concepts to help improve good luck.

By Stanforduniv (Stanforduniv) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 09:05 pm: Edit

Justperfect - did you get into Yale? What made you stand out on your app?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page