SAT scores of Long Islanders are going to be withheld

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT scores of Long Islanders are going to be withheld
By Sulskman (Sulskman) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:41 pm: Edit

April 7, 2004

Dear Parent:

Late this morning, we again spoke to a representative from Educational Testing Service (ETS). They have advised us that they have still not made a final determination as to how they are going to handle the security breach of the March 27 SAT examination. They have also informed us that the scores of the Jericho High School students for the March 27 examination will not be released until their investigation is complete and their final decision is made. Please be advised that the scores of other affected high schools in the area will be withheld until they reach their decision as well. ETS has assured us that they will move ahead as quickly as possible and will notify us as to their decision within the next several days.

Our offices will be closed Thursday, April 8 through Monday, April 12, and will reopen on Tuesday, April 13. However, we will stay in touch with ETS during this time period so that we can update our website.

As I indicated before, we have petitioned ETS to hold a make-up examination on Saturday, April 24, in the event the scores of any of our students are invalidated.

This letter is only being sent to the parents of the students who took the March 27 examination. It will also be available on our SNS system and posted on our website, as well as any updates that we receive during the next several days.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Very truly yours,

Henry L. Grishman
Superintendent of Schools

By Sulskman (Sulskman) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

here is more information about the scandal:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lisat0407,0,5873094.story?coll=ny-liminute-headlines

By Ohio_Mom (Ohio_Mom) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Well, that's a fine way to have your spring break ruined.

I assume that you will will have to retake the beastly thing. I wonder is anyone is going to bring a civil suit on the tutor.

By Luckystar1111 (Luckystar1111) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 05:17 pm: Edit

What does "other affected high schools in the area" exactly mean? The Newsday article mentioned Jericho, Roslyn, and Great Neck South. These schools' scores will be withheld, but will other schools' in the area be as well? Do you think the entire county's scores will have to be cancelled?

This is really ruining my vacation.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 07:54 pm: Edit

How about St. Francis Prep?

I can definitely sympathize with that, Luckystar1111. It is pissing me off beyond belief.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page