AP European History: Nothing on battles?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP European History: Nothing on battles?
By Arow (Arow) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 01:35 pm: Edit

Hey

It says in the PR book that there is nothing on battle history on the AP euro exam. Does this mean that we do not need to know the name of battles?

Also, do we need to know any history terms such as zemstovs, Mir, etc?

Thanks

By Bobbyd (Bobbyd) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:08 pm: Edit

Yup thats what it means. There only a couple wars you should even know the names of.

By Yermama (Yermama) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

yup same with AP US if you do that someday. Nothing on military history.

By Arow (Arow) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

why do review books spend time listing the battles if we do not need to know them?

just to mak sure,
we do not need to know battles even if they have some significance, such as the Battle of the Bulge? Thanks !

By Anduin (Anduin) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:34 pm: Edit

I could see an obscure battle being a last MC question on a history exam, but in general they're not really that important as far as the test itself goes. However, if you have a good opportunity to include a battle on a DBQ for US, go ahead.

By Number9 (Number9) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

Yes, the reason they are included on reviews because you might want to include something notable in a DBQ or a Free Response. As for MCs, you dont need to know anything about military history.

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit

You dont' need to know how the battles unfolded or battle strategies. However, you should certainly know the turning points of wars and what happened in critical battles, etc. (i.e. know the significance of Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Antietam, Bull Run for the Civil War)

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 08:29 pm: Edit

^^ BTW I realize that we are talking Euro History, but I'm just citing an easy example.

By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 09:51 pm: Edit

ahhhhhh this is GREAT news if it really applies to ap us too becuase i simply feel lost when trying to memorize them all

By Geoguy (Geoguy) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit

Thanks for posting about that. I'm taking the AP Euro exam in May too.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page