ACT results...how soon?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: ACT results...how soon?
By Robert456 (Robert456) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit

I took the april ACT, and even though I know that I bombed it, I still want to know my scores early. On the website, it says that I can get my results no later than april 13 on the web. I have to pay 8 dollars too. Can anyone tell me when they generally come in and how to go about paying for my results? What if I pay and they still aren't in?

Thanks-

By Robert456 (Robert456) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

bump..........PLEASE

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 07:11 pm: Edit

You need to follow directions at act.org after clicking "see your scores" to see how you can get them on-line and pay the fee for doing so (by credit card on line). Usually, the ACT has the scores up on line by 9 to 11 days after the test and thus that April 13 date sounds like when they intend to try to get them up on line. Once they are on line, the site will actually tell that they are available and you can then go through the process of getting them and paying for them.

By Robert456 (Robert456) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

gracias you so much

Also, does anyone know how the ACT is scored...Like on a curve or something?? Is the curve set ahead of time like the SAT?

By Korey (Korey) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

I got my actual score report by snailmail like 2 weeks after the February test...So just wait a few extra days if you can...I know what you mean, though--I want my score report NOW!! heh

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

Not sure you can call it a curve but the ACT has three category of questions on each section:: easy, medium and hard, and hard are worth more than medium which are worth more than easy. They have a predetermined number of points based on that scale for each total score on the test. Thus, they know what you have to score to get a 20 on each section before you begin. Also, there is not much fluff at the top. To actually score 36 across the board (all 4 subscores) you actually need to answer all of them right. You can get a 36 composite by missing a few because any 35.5 is raised to 36; thus score two 36's and two 35's as subscores and you get a 36. composite.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page