Barron's v. Cliff's in AP Biology

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Barron's v. Cliff's in AP Biology
By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

i've been taking the quizzes at the end of the sections of both books and have been getting way different scores. i usually do twice as well in cliff's than i do in barron's. does anyone know how valid barron's questions are for ap biology? should i just chunk the barron's book? thanx. i know that cliff's is the best, but am just trying to get in as many questions as possible. does barron's just focus on the hard questions, or are their questions completely irrelevent? i've heard bad stuff about barrons on other subjects, but i wasnt sure about it in biology. thanx again.

By Number9 (Number9) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

I think (emphasis on that) I've heard before that Barron's tests are harder than the actual thing. I'd go by Cliff's to gauge myself.

By Tallyrand (Tallyrand) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 09:03 pm: Edit

I like Barron's, and I think Barron's gives the best results. It's best to be overprepared. The tests of other publications have easier questions so students will feel better about themselves as they study. Personally, I like taking exams and thinking to myself: "Hey, this is easy compared to what I've done. I can handle this." If you want results on the real exam, use Barron's. If you want results on the practice exams, go ahead, grab a Princeton Review book.

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

thanx, anybody else. i knew that they were harder, but i had also heard that some were irrelevent, and wanted to know if anyone had experience w/ this particular one. even if barrons is more accurate, i'll still get a 3, so im still happy. anyone else?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page