Which SAT11s do not require additional studying for strong s

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Which SAT11s do not require additional studying for strong s
By Momster (Momster) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 12:25 pm: Edit

My D is taking Chem this yr (soph) and doing great but its not taught to the course. Should she take the June test anyhow? Would she have time to prep? How about in Oct.? Too far after test? Her plan seems to be to take the French, Physics and a Math end of Jr year (taking APs in those subjects). I am concerned because she will also be taking 2-3 AP tests around the same time and maybe the new sat 1. Is her plan doable? She figures she will have learned the math, fr and phys. from her courses. Thanks so much!

By Tallyrand (Tallyrand) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

It depends on what has been covered in her class. I don't think the average sophmore class will have covered everything neccesary to score well (and by well I mean 700+) on the SAT II Chem exam. A little extra studying could help her break the 700 barrier, though. And since it is her sophomore year, she has less to do this year than next year. She can score well on the SAT II exam, but she'll have to do some additional studying.

By Metra (Metra) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

A month or so before test, study info not covered in chem class. Thats what i did for my Honors Chem and i got more than 750.

By Guyute (Guyute) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Math IIC is easy and has a nice curve - an 800 is really easy

By Anduin (Anduin) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:41 am: Edit

There are SAT elevens now? I heard that they were changing it, but I didn't realize that it was going to be this drastic. Boy, am I glad I'm not a junior.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page