AP Calculus BC Exam Topics (Self Study)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP Calculus BC Exam Topics (Self Study)
By Edward (Edward) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:44 am: Edit

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone who's taken the AP Calculus BC exam could give me a few suggestions..

I take AP Calculus AB (school doesn't offer BC), but I've planned to take the BC exam. So far, I've become pretty comfortable most topics except for the convergence tests, power series Taylor series. Any suggestions, textbooks, etc..? Also, are there any topics other than series which is emphasized on the exam? Thanks!

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:49 am: Edit

get one of the standard review books, like Barrons or PR. It will clearly show what topics are on which exam and how much weight is given to each one.

For 15 years of actual free response questions from prior exams (and solutions) go to:
http://www.moems.org/calc.htm

By Edward (Edward) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:12 pm: Edit

Thanks a lot!

By Guyute (Guyute) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

We've been doing convergence, power series, Taylor polynomials, etc, right now and man does it blow.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:22 am: Edit

well those are the two hardest topics in BC so that makes sense. However, any Taylor problem on the calc section is cake due to the ti 89.

By Edward (Edward) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:02 am: Edit

Thanks guys. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one struggling with this...

My school a few years forced us to buy Casio calculators, so I'm stuck with an old one... I guess I'll download some programs.

By Cnn (Cnn) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:44 am: Edit

jason817 taylor (almost 100% sure) show up on the non-calc sections of multiple choice and free response.:)
and BC isnt hard except practice doing problems real fast correctly, problems wont be hard but they would be long and sometimes consume time before u find the shortest way...

By Edward (Edward) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 11:17 am: Edit

Yeah, I guess I'll have to put in the time in practice problems.. There's no way around... I'm suffering from a bad case of senioritis.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

the time isn't the problem. The problem is I just can't do some of it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page