SAT II Math 1C Prep Books!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT II Math 1C Prep Books!
By Calidan (Calidan) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 09:51 pm: Edit

Hey everyone. I was just wondering what the best SAT II Math 1C books are (in your opinion). Any information you have helps! Thanks!
Also- I just bought Kaplan's SAT II Writing book; is it good? Thanks!

By Calidan (Calidan) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Bump... please? Anyone?

By Simplyloved (Simplyloved) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

i luv the kaplan sat II writing book. i studied for 3 says and got a 630.. which is like the biggest achievement for me. I'm sure if i woulda studied longer i would have done way better, so i'm sure you'll do great. good luck!! hope i helped

By Calidan (Calidan) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 11:07 pm: Edit

Thanks! Well, I guess I won't return it then. More importantly, does anyone have any opinions on SAT II Math books? (preferably IC books?) Thanks!

By Smartaleck123 (Smartaleck123) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:16 pm: Edit

Get Barrons, it is really good... much harder than the actual test but it will prepare you well.. since i found the Barrons Math2c book to be great, I'm sure Barrons Math1c will be fine as well

By Gmf05 (Gmf05) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

IMO, you should take Math IIC test anyway (either wait until you learn the material or take the test if you've learned it already.) I've taken both Math IC and IIC and trust me - IIC is the easier test to score well on. The curve on Math IC allows for no wrong answers to get an 800 whereas Math IIC typically allows for 4-5 or more.
As far as books, I've used Kaplan for all my SAT II's and been very pleased. It's right on par with the test and teaches what you need to know.

By Arow (Arow) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 02:59 pm: Edit

Sparksnote has a book with 6 full practice tests

-- Are they GOOD?

By Calidan (Calidan) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 02:56 am: Edit

bump...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page