AP Word History - lets begin the maddness

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: AP Word History - lets begin the maddness
By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 05:31 pm: Edit

We have about 1 month to study for AP World History.

So if everyone could start reviewing on this thread thatd be cool.

Ill start:

1. Which best is a similarity between 18th century France and 9th century Ghana?

A) Economies based on agriculture
B) Divine Monarchy
C) Gold trade
D) Rising revolutionary sentiment
E) Slavery banished

Answer : B

By Hiamerica (Hiamerica) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

How much should one get on this exam on the multiple of free response part to get a 5. i mean percentages. I am really concerned please reply.

By Hiamerica (Hiamerica) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:10 pm: Edit

anybody

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

u can miss 3-5 on multiple choices but must write exceptional essays to score a 5 on APWH exam

By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Titanz..where the heck did you get that info? My AP World Teacher guarantees that to get a 5, you have to roughly get 75% of the multiple questions correct and do pretty well on the essays. BTW, how are you guys reviewing for it? I am using the Barron's book and making charts for all the themes in each time period (this will especially help on the essays I guess).

Titanz..where the heck did you get that info? My AP World Teacher guarantees that to get a 5, you have to roughly get 75% of the multiple questions correct and do pretty well on the essays. BTW, how are you guys reviewing for it? I am using the Barron's book and making charts for all the themes in each time period (this will especially help on the essays I guess).

By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

Wow...I am sorry for the triple post !

By Ivyleaguepleaz (Ivyleaguepleaz) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Yeah, pianoman that is what my teacher (who has taught the course for so many years) said. Because the information that could be on the test is so varied that you can still get "perfect" in the eyes of your score and still get a certain number wrong. Not sure how many wrong that is but quite a few. 75-80% right for a 5 sounds resonable. I was going to take it this year but the way our course is set up means that I will be taking it nex year. That means that I will have 5 AP tests and 10 diplomas next year. Big bummer. Wish it was more spread out.

By Hiamerica (Hiamerica) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

a quick question. i am using the AP Barrons world history book for the may 5th exam. how effective is it in imitating the content and difficulty of questions on the real test. any feedback from people who have taken/or plan to take is greatly appreciated.thanmks

By Justice (Justice) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 11:57 pm: Edit

i think the barron's goes way too far into several specific topics, but if you use it in addition to another prep book, then you will do well. barron's is definitely the most well-written and complete book--you can use it as a substitute textbook--and it should serve as the foundation if you don't already have one. Use PR to figure out what certain themes the AP loves to test. the actually AP's MC is extremely broad and all the questions can be deciphered through reasoning.

By Hiamerica (Hiamerica) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

the problem is this
i bought the barrons but not the petersons. is it ok. i still get the big picture though. i don't want to do half and half in two books. what do you suggest. and what period does the Mcs concentrate on?

By Hiamerica (Hiamerica) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

Moreover, is the reasoning based on a timescale(like placing and knowing what events happened when) or is it a factual know how type reasoning(like knowing the characteristics of renaissance). I can certainly place the events in the correct order, and know what came when etc, but in one word what is the AP Mcs asking us. Give me an example of a question you encountered or anything similar to the way they ask you.

By Titanz05 (Titanz05) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 06:46 pm: Edit

i use peterson's

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Friday, April 09, 2004 - 12:42 am: Edit

An AP Etymology course would be *awesome*.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page