SAT or ACT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT or ACT?
By Xranger (Xranger) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

Which one do you think is easier?

When I take SAT practice test, I did good on everything except analogies and SC because my vocabularies are weak.
now since ACT doesn't have analogies or SC sections, I'm thinking it might be better for me
I never take any practice test on ACT, so I don't know how it compares to SAT, which one do you think should I take?
? do colleges prefer one over the other?

By Mychocopie (Mychocopie) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

act is very hard -_-; I did not like it at all

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:36 pm: Edit

agreed...ACT is harder than SAT

By Slacker007 (Slacker007) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 07:00 pm: Edit

i disagree. the ACT was much easier for me. i got a 1280 SAT in January, but i'm predicting a 34/35 for saturday's ACT. take a practice test and see how you do. the test is all about timing, and doesn't try to trick you like the SAT does.

By Waterlogged (Waterlogged) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 07:34 am: Edit

Try the ACT practice sections on their site and see what you think.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 08:45 am: Edit

I agree with Slacker007. The only issue I had with the ACT is the time issue. The testmakers really don't try to trick you and the questions (including the reading!!!!) are very straightforward.

The only complaint about the actual test (other than time) would be the writing section, which is not as clean as the SAT II Writing, but that is just my honest opinion.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page