Psat writing v. sat II writing

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Psat writing v. sat II writing
By Eeeeyor (Eeeeyor) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

does anyone know if the psat gives any indication of their sat II score?

and for those who got a 9 or above on their essay how did you organize it and how quickly did you finish it??
thanx

By Feuler (Feuler) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

I imagine it is a fairly accurate indication of your performance on the MC portion, but not necessarily the essay. I got 75 on PSAT W, and 790 on the SAT II Writing, and got a 10 on my essay, so make of that what you will.

I organized the essay like a normal run of the mill 5-paragraph essay, with one paragraph of evidence from literature, one from history, and one from personal experience. I finished it in about 21 minutes (so I had to start the MC a bit late).

By Eeeeyor (Eeeeyor) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

thanx alot

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 12:29 am: Edit

Hopefully between your PSAT and your SAT II Writing your skills will develop greatly. I doubt it will give much of an indication. The best indication is probably how well you do on written assignments for your English classes, honestly.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page