Who gets my ACT scores?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Who gets my ACT scores?
By Upsided (Upsided) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 12:32 pm: Edit

i'm thinkin that i just did pretty bad on the ACTs... how does the score reporting work?

you choose whether or not your ACTs are sent to colleges, right? they aren't just automatically sent, like the SATs.

By Korey (Korey) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 01:41 pm: Edit

If you listed colleges for your scores to be sent to, then they will be sent out when your personal score report is sent out...I think...Anyway, I got my score report like two or three weeks after the Feb. ACT, so in about two weeks, start looking in your mail everyday...

By Upsided (Upsided) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 11:55 am: Edit

nah i'm talkin like when i apply to colleges, will they see my ACTs automatically, or do i have to send them?

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 11:59 am: Edit

no you have to send them...

if you listed your high school, you have to get your scores from your high school. i didn't list my high school and will have my scores sent home - this way, i am TRULY in control of this score :)

By Drusba (Drusba) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 01:50 pm: Edit

Summarizing: (1) if you chose on your application to have ACT automatically send your scores to colleges you designated, that will be done; (2) absent that, the ACT will not send any score to a college unless you order it to do so and if you have scores from more than one test, it will send only the score for the particular test you ask to be sent and not others; (3) nevertheless if you identified your high school in the questions asked as to it on the application for the ACT test(most do so), your scores will be sent to it and that high school will put those scores on any official transcript that you order sent to colleges; and (4) there are a number of colleges which request that you supply all your test scores on the application for admission. In other words, you can keep a college from finding out about your test score as long as you identified no colleges on your app to receive the score, did not identify your high school on the app, and do not apply to colleges that insist on knowing all your scores.

By Upsided (Upsided) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:36 pm: Edit

yuck. i identified my high school. i wish i would've asked this question before i registered.

By Smartdude (Smartdude) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:47 pm: Edit

You should check with your counselor whether they list your scores on transcripts. This could technically be illegal, I know my school stopped doing it.

By Korey (Korey) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 07:15 pm: Edit

You get a copy of the score report at your house as well as your high school, but the counselor keeps the report that he/she gets...I did for the Feb. ACT...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page