ACT tomorrow!...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: ACT tomorrow!...
By Osnapjew (Osnapjew) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Anybody else taking the ACT tomorrow? I'm nervous -- it's my first time taking it. I'm a Californian, so I don't think many of my peers are taking it...

Any tips?? What kind of tests should I practice if I'm already really good at the SAT I kinda stuff? I took a peek at the math, and it looks fine. But how should I prepare for science etc? I have 'Cracking the ACT'...should I run through a test tonight or something?

By Korey (Korey) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Im taking it...I hope I do well...Im sure you will...Umm, the only preparation I've taken is this math ACT prep book my teacher lent me...I hope it helps me on this one...GOOD LUCK!!

By Athlonmj (Athlonmj) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 08:32 pm: Edit

Good luck all! I except all of you to get 36s.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

i did absolutely NO prep for it whatsoever, i was swamped with tests for the past 3 weeks...

we'll see how i do.

By Pianoman (Pianoman) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

haha Xjay2max, same here. the only thing I've done is taken a quick look at the the princeton review book, but it seemed worthless. I'm aiming for a 35, so wish me good luck. (btw, i'm a sophomore, so not too worried about it)

By Chider (Chider) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

its tomorrow! OH SHOOT I GOTTA STUDY!!!

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 09:11 am: Edit

My son is taking it even as we speak.

He spent last night out with this friends as his "preparation" for taking the exam.

He said that he needs his mind to be "fresh" and not clogged with too much material.

We'll see when the scores come out.

By Korey (Korey) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 01:43 pm: Edit

Actually, Beenthereil, that is how most people work...They need time to absorb the material and let it sink in, and if your son would have spent the night studying rather than relaxing, all of the information he (temporarily) absorbed would have gotten jumbled when he went to take the test...Or rather, thats how it is for me...lol

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

Korey...We'll see how his "method" worked when we get the scores. He had a 30 as a sophomore and was hoping to improve.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 08:48 pm: Edit

the biggest problem for this test (at least for me) is the time in comparision to the questions! i was literally rushing through the science and reading sections like hell... i was so happy that i could finish each section and have time to review SOME questions...

the questions are definitely easier than the SATs, especially the reading.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page