=( ADVICE NEED! ON SAT situation`~~

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: =( ADVICE NEED! ON SAT situation`~~
By Roseberry (Roseberry) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

hey everyone,
so here's the deal:
I am a soph and I would never taKE THE SAT this year, but b.c i was applying to an academy of math and science , i had to take the March 27. I didnt think i did lovely (1190-1200s) and im thinking since i didnt cancel my scores, if i dont get into the academy, the BAD score will become part of my transcrip. I'M Looking at private not exactly IVY-ies but VERY VERY very selective schools. How bad do u think im affected by that? Tell me! =D thanks and Everyone here ROXS!!!!

By Aeg315 (Aeg315) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:08 pm: Edit

they won't really care what you get in your sophomore year... you can theoretically take it 3 times without them getting suspicious anyway, so just take it two times your junior year for the real thing to send to colleges... you probably could even take it 3 times just next year... i know people who have taken the exam every year since 6th grade and the colleges don't really care what kids get until their junior years

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

People tend to increase only ~100 points a year. So I would start panicking if you got 1200 in your Soph year and you're looking at "very very very selective schools."

Of course, practice makes perfect. So you still have plenty of time to actively improve. =)

Isn't there a non-official SAT for academy applications? SSAT or something?

By Roseberry (Roseberry) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

SHOOTTT ..you're so right there is a ISAT but o well...that would be tommrow its too late and i didnt cancel my scores..o well. thanks yall that totally helps me feel better.
ttyls

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page