Increasing SAT scores to transfer to UNC-Chapel Hill as a so

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: Increasing SAT scores to transfer to UNC-Chapel Hill as a so
By Goheels2008 (Goheels2008) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 10:28 am: Edit

Hey all,

Right now I have both the E.C.'s and GPA (weighted 4.2) to transfer. But the one area I neglect is the SAT. I wasted money applying the first time with a 1070 (verbal:540 math:530). Reading around here it, looks like the score most sophomores had that were accepted was a 1300 or higher. I'm signed up for the May 1 SAT. I'm working with two teachers both with previous SAT prep exp in each area. Would it be possible to raise my score 230 points by May?

If I don't, I'm probably going to be working with a good friend and excellent tutor over the summer. She is a Duke grad, almost a UNC nursing school grad (graduating in May), then she is going to go to Chapel-Hill for her Doctor's as well. She knows she can raise my math cuz she is a genius..and she can help in verbal as well. But does taking the SAT 3 times look that bad for a transfer hell-bent on UNC?

Input NEEDED!!!

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit

Are you sure that colleges consider SATs taken that late (even if you apply next year)? I'm pretty sure you can't take them after you leave high school for them to be considered, but I'm not so sure about May of your senior year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page