AP History how to review...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: AP History how to review...
By Swizzbeatz905 (Swizzbeatz905) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

It seems like the AP History exam covers such a great amount of information? Can someone suggest a good way to prep for the exam?

By Flameball63 (Flameball63) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

I recommend studying for it NOW. The test was actually pretty easy, if you prepped the right way, with the right books. Start to re-read your history book, refresh yourself. Everyone hates Petersons, but, personally, I think their History is REALLY good. Get the one for SATII Historyand AP Gov.(I didn't get this one, but, looks good I guess) Their format is really simple, and you can follow it as you are reviewing. Arco...Don't ever get this book if you are taking AP History...Horrible...even if they are the same mother brand.
So, generally speaking, just refresh yourself. And, don't try to cram all the information in your head, I think it is much better to understand it, and connect the facts instead of JAMMING it in.
For the essay...well...ergh. I didn't do so hot. But, my advice, where I screwed up bad, is I mixed everything into a ball because I was so nervous. So, before the essay writing starts, calm yourself, get all of your points down, WATCH THE TIME, and remember, your essay must HAVE COHERENCE.
I crammed it in all in the last two weeks, still got a four...but, I think you can get a five easily if you do the above.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck.

By Number9 (Number9) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

Get Princeton Review's book to understand the format for the test and for a quick review. Get REA's book for a more in-depth review after that.

I'd also suggest reading over your textbook again.

Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page