SAT 2 Chemistry

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: April 2004 Archive: SAT 2 Chemistry
By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 01:08 pm: Edit

I just took a practice test from Barrons, and I did a horrendous job. I got a raw score of 36, simply because I COMPLETELY skipped Part B (Where you have to say which one is true and false). According the Barron's, that's a 600. However, I have previously heard that Barron's tests (especially SAT 2 Chem) tend to be harder than the real thing, so what should I be expecting on the real test at my current state? and how much do you think I could improve by June?

Also I have the AP Chem test coming up in May. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get a 5 on the exam, with enough cramming. Again, thank you for all your help, and all constructive comments are welcome, as always.

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

bump

By Chamonix (Chamonix) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

You are not in a bad position, although your not in the best position.
With a 600 now (and yes the barrons tests are harder), you will definitally be able to get a 700+.
You have until June, that's not to say you will study from now till then, but two or three days (on the weekend) of studying hard, and you've got it. Just take more practice tests (after you're done with the barrons, go to another book, kaplan's or PR.
And look throught the sections that you have trouble with, and learn a few formula's that you might not already know
You've got plenty of time.
I'd say you will have a 700+ in the bag by test time, and if you really put effort into it, a 750+ is very much within reach.

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:58 pm: Edit

Wow thx for the response... but do you think it's possible for me to get a 5 on the ap chem exam, which is literally in a month. I actually recalculated my score and it came out to be 630... so I mean with enough studying, is it possible ? Well, again thank you for your help.

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Did you skip the T-F-CR ones because you didn't understand how to do them or because you didn't know any of them?

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:21 pm: Edit

hm sorta both.. but after doing em i got a 630...

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 10:25 am: Edit

bump

By Itscool (Itscool) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 03:35 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Joel_Set (Joel_Set) on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 11:59 am: Edit

bump just 1 more

By Hairysam (Hairysam) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:04 pm: Edit

i get 730-750 for barron tests, in the real test, i got 700.

By Ahwosg (Ahwosg) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

barrons, i think, was a lot easier. i got 700+, in one test, 740, and on the actual test i got a 620; a lot of questions were unfamiliar. this was after reading through and making my own notes on the whole entire book, and taking each practice test.

By Xjay2max (Xjay2max) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 03:54 pm: Edit

The questions for SAT II Chemistry in Barron's, I have heard, were very difficult.

Ahwosq, I understand where you are coming from. It has always happened to me... that on practice tests you do wonderfully and then for the real one you seem not to do as well. It has happened to me for Literature (Barron's 710, Real 660), Writing (Barron's/Kaplan 780, Real 710)...

Hang in there :)

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

My score range for 4 practice tests in Barrons was 680-720 (720 tops) and I ended up with a 700. I'd say the test was about equal to Barrons practice tests, maybe a little easier.

By Dliebers (Dliebers) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

i just had a high quality Honors Chem course as a soph, took it, and recieved a 760, not amazing, but strong for most schools.

By Tsunashima1 (Tsunashima1) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

On the real test, about how many questions are devoted to laboratory and descriptive chemistry problems? I saw Barrons and a few other books have entire chapters dedicated to these topics.

By Varr (Varr) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 10:40 am: Edit

hmm what about the SATII BIOLOGYE/M Barrons book??

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page