Best book to buy to get practice, and learn good tricks on C

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: Best book to buy to get practice, and learn good tricks on C
By Neelesh (Neelesh) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

Just wondering, what is the best book out there that i can practice CR, because i bombed it on the march 27,2004 test. I want to be able to do reallly well on the CR part, and learn some more vocab.

Is Kaplans Verbal workbook, 4th edition good?

what else is there, and please, i know that im an idiot and i should have read literature and stuff like that, but im just not good at that stuff. i did read lit., and a lot of it for HOnors english..reading comprehension is arduous for me...

please help. thanks

By Songster87 (Songster87) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

Real SATs. There's absolutely no substitute. The passages and questions that test prep companies ask are not nearly as good.

By Tired_Student (Tired_Student) on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

kaplan verbal workbook is too easy. If you run out of Real SATs then I'd suggest buying princeton Review or Barrons (super hard)

By Mike_Lam (Mike_Lam) on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

get a prep book that has line reference questions, vocab in context, etc. Something similar to the real Sats. I went from 50% correct to over 80% because I kept practicing the techniques from pr. I was using a kaplan book that had 10 passages.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page