SAT/SATII/ACT question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: SAT/ACT Tests and Test Preparation: March 2004 Archive: SAT/SATII/ACT question
By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:15 am: Edit

I have taken the sat i twice. I can't seem to be getting the score that I want. However, I took the ACT and decided that that was the test that I will concentrate on simply because it is the test for me.
I also want to take some SAT iis. I am expecting high 750's on three of the tests. So my question is this: If I send my ACT scores and my sat ii scores, colleges will also see my SAT i scores, right? Will they "consider" that score even if I didn't submit the SAT I scores? Thanks.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:04 pm: Edit

If you apply to schools that require SAT II's, you will not be able to avoid sending your SAT. However, as between the ACT and SAT, most colleges will consider, for admission, the one they believe is the higher even if you submit both.

By Yoyomama04 (Yoyomama04) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 07:44 pm: Edit

Yeah, don't worry about it. They'll only consider your higher ACT score, so it's not a biggie. You won't be reporting it on your app anyway, so they'll notice it on a score report but won't really care.

By Ecnerwalc (Ecnerwalc) on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 08:22 pm: Edit

Thanks. That makes me feel better.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page